Monday, March 4, 2013

Life changes.....

As I am sitting here in San Diego, having accpeted a new interior designer position and prepping for the move from St. Louis to San Diego, I am struck how much life can change.
When I first started this blog, I was happily in St. Louis, working with some wonderful clients, in a relationship with someone I loved very deeply.  Today, I am moving to the West Coast, having survived a recession and a painful break up, looking forward to the next chapter.  It seems a good time to resume sharing my thoughts, inspirations and ideas on design.
I have always loved good design, rich materials, lush fabrics and an element of surprise.  As I have grown & changed in life, so I have in my design approach as well.  The deeply personal connection to where and how we live to our inner selves has become more profound to me and I hopw that reflects in my work.
Part of my move is shedding all my possesions (save a few cherished peices of art) and revisiting what is important to me.  I hope to share some of this with my friends and readers and not bore you all to tears in the process.

Check back for more inspirations and stories!

No comments:

Post a Comment