Wednesday, January 27, 2010




Here is another offering from my recent project in the Caribbean. This is one of the bedrooms facing the beach and ocean. The pecky cypress headboard was a custom designed and fabricated piece from my firm. I love the warm look of this wood! Instead of traditional nightstands I used a small black lacquer table from Ralph Lauren and a John Rosselli designed faux bamboo desk. I like having a desk in a guest room, everyone seems to travel with laptoops! The gorgeous fabric is a printed linen that has also been embroidered over with multi colored threads. It has amazing color and dimension! The shell pink walls really let the bolder fabrics and art stand out while providing a soothing setting. The four watercolors are by an English artist, John Matthew Moore. I used a lot of his work in this project. the client loves it and had been collecting peices for a while, I just added to the collection! the two wonderful spindle arm chairs and ottoman provide the perfect spot to watch the sunset!

No comments:

Post a Comment