Monday, January 25, 2010


Hi everyone and Happy New Year! It's been very busy over the holidays and into January playing catch up after finishing my project in the Caribbean. It turned out fantastic! I am very happy with the final result after almost 2 years of planning and work. Here is a photo of one end of the living room featuring a seating area. The vintage French travel poster is one that was purchased for the owners previous condo and one of the few items we brought over. It gave me the color palette to work with but i turned up the volume a bit and added some brighter versions of the colors in the poster. This was essential for the bright tropical sunlight. If I had matched the color exactly it would have fallen dull and flat. All of the upholstery is covered with fabrics suitable for the outdoors so bring in the wet swimsuits! I mixed in some antique pieces like the bow front chest with some contemporary pieces like the faux shagreen cocktail table. I love this sort of mix! Hands down, my favorite part of this room are the wonderful blown glass pieces on the wall brackets by MO artist Sam Stang. I love Sam's work and I was thrilled to use these in this room. All in all, I feel this is a warm, relaxed condo that reflects the tropical setting but doesn't fall into any of the cliches one finds in the islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment