Thursday, July 16, 2009


Wow! I just found this gorgeous French Louis XIV country buffet from a dealer I buy from in Chicago. It's a walnut cabinet with a marble top circa 1750. Beautiful! I could see this in a breakfast room or casual family room. I love antiques as well as contemporary furniture but my favorite is a blend of the two! The juxtapositiion of the old and new creates a lot of interest in a room and can reflect a persons love of many things. One of my favorite spots at home is a 1940's George Nelson rosewood chest that I display some of my antique crystal and sterling silver inkwells and a peice of stunning glass by Missouri artist Sam Stang. Hanging over this group is a collection of nude sketches from the 1930's, 50's, 70's and 1890's. Quite a blend!

No comments:

Post a Comment